Thursday, December 22, 2005

2 more days til Christmas

Still at the office. Vince got stuck in traffic so I'm just here waiting. We're supposed to go to Shangri-La to buy my last minute gifts...as usual :p At least it's not as bad as last year when I had to go to the mall on the 24th to find more gifts :p

Everyone here at the office is on vacation mode for almost 2 weeks already. Haha! Our foreign partners are having a difficult time getting anything from us. First of all it's network freeze (can't do anything with the systems anymore until next year) and everyone's busy going from one department to another distributing gifts. Lunch is now an hour hour longer -- meaning it used to be 2 hours now it's 3.

I'm really excited this year. It's like I'm back to being a kid again...first time in AGES since I've felt the Christmas spirit and felt really excited. Not sure if it's because I've been buying new decors and decorating our new house or I've just been so caught up with work these "ber" months that I haven't had time to dwell and soak in the Christmas season. My theory why in the past years I haven't experienced that great spirit is because I started to get excited in September so that by December all my reserves have been used up. Hahaha!

Christmas this year is both happy and sad. My 2 dogs went to heaven 2 weeks ago - Muffy and Maggie. Maggie died on a Saturday while Muffy passed away Monday at 730am as I was on my way out of the house. I cried all the way to the office so my eyes were all red and puffy. I held back my tears as I went in our area but April got so alarmed that she asked me what was wrong. I ran all the way to my area and cried on April's shoulder. Wow, the drama! Hahaha! Got really so affected with Muffy's death, so much so that when Vince and I watched King Kong the other day, I cried my eyes out only 1 hour through the movie until the end (the film was 3 hours long) because Kong's eyes reminded me so much of Muffy :(

Next update: I've finally booked ourselves in Shanghai for March next year. We're going to stay in a resort about an hour away from the city. I'm really really hoping that I can fix Papo's (my ever faithful and very much loved yaya) passport and visa so I can bring Papo with us. Sooo excited.


Since I'm so into the holidays right now, let me list some of my Christmas pet peeves:

1. replacing Christ with X thus making the greeting Merry Xmas instead of Merry Christmas the way that it's supposed to be. People are effectively removing Christ in the season when in fact it is HIS birthday.

2. related to number 1 - I saw one of my company's content partners' gift card. They used the name of their company to replace the X in Merry Xmas (as their intials sounds like X)! The gall! Committing 2 sins in a single greeting!

3. being greeted with Happy Holidays. Is that what the season is reduced to? A holiday?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter