Monday, July 11, 2005

#266

You would not believe what I went through just to get a few of my Sandman comics and a book signed by Neil last Saturday!

To be able to get 2 books signed, you have to at least purchase 1 Neil Gaiman book or comic from Fully Booked, the bookstore that sponsored Neil's stay here. So since I had 3 items signed, that meant that I bought 2 items. 2 items worth = Php2,198.

I was at Rockwell at 930am to line up and get a number. According to the guidelines, they will be handing out 500 numbers to 500 early birds who can get to meet and have their items signed. They were going to open the doors at 1030 for the numbers so Vince and I planned to be there early. As I said I was there at 930. My number...266. It said in the guidelines that usually it takes about 15seconds per person so if the scheduled signing was going to start at 3pm, I didn't mind being #266.

Jump to 7pm...chatting with my friends outside the tent. Number being called...91-110. Geez!

To cut the very long night short, I was able to have everything signed by 10pm. But I didn't mind at all and that's what so surprising. It was hot, humid, it rained for a while but I was still in high spirts. 99% of the reason was Neil. To think that he started signing at 5pm and knowing that 700 people were lined up, he was still game, upbeat, and even concerned about the little kids waiting for their turn (and to think he will have to do everything all over again Sunday and Monday!). I admired him for his works, especially American Gods, but my admiration upped by 100 times more because of his personality.

Cheers to Mr. Gaiman!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter