Tuesday, June 14, 2005

AAACK! I'M OLD!

I'm turning 26 in 2 days. During the week of my birthday it is customary for me to look at where I am at that moment: "I'm ___ years old. What have I got to show?" Unfortunately until now I don't have the best answer for that.

Last week our beloved boss announced his resignation. That same week was his last week. He's moving to another telco in Indonesia as their new director. I think he's in his late thirties or very early forties. He has been with our company for 7 years, serving as head of our division (Service Creation) for the last 3 years while the early part of his stint here, he was AVP of Marketing. His leaving will have an impact on our group and the company. Imagine that! I wish I would also have the same stature and impact while still young. I think it's not really the position that gives you prestige, but the age which you have reached that point. The younger the better.


Nicky and the myGlobe team during his despedida (our boss is in the middle
while I'm hiding at the back with a beer. Don't know why...)


I'm 26 and I still don't know what to do with my life!! But I am thankful for the year and years that have passed. I'm lucky to have reached this age and living my life comfortably and how I want it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter