Saturday, January 08, 2005

Batangas

We went to Batangas yesterday. The contractor who's doing our house in Laguna, together with his wife, invited us to their farm. They also invited Malen to join. ANyways, I didn't know about the plan until Mom woke me up at 430am. Sheesh! The first thought that came to my mind was that she was waking me up for midnight mass (the traditional midnight mass during the Christmas season) but I suddenly remembered that Christmas is over. Then I realized that it was Saturday. So you understand my confusion at that early in the morning. It was a good thing though that I got up and decided to go with my folks. My grandmother was leaving at 5am and I had a chance to say goodbye. I had breakfast (a lot for someone who's on a semi-diet) and then got ready.

Taal Lake at 8am
We left at 630am for Alabang where we fetched Malen. We were to meet the Pinedas (the contractor and his wife) at 8am at Josephines. When we arrived at the restaurant we saw that they were offering a breakfast buffet. The food was different from any other buffet that I've been to. Everything was sooo good! So, as you might have guessed, I had my second breakfast. I ate a lot too.

Following the leader
After breakfast no. 2 we proceeded to the lot in Tagatay. We stayed there for about an hour since my parents consulted the contractor what can be done with the lot. Anyways, we got the farm at around 1030am. The main attraction at the farm were the 6 ostriches! My cousin and I have never seen that animal up close and in person. Hehe! Anyways, they were really big birds and when disturbed they were scary! I think they almost killed one of the farmhands in the place when he went inside their enclosure. Only one person can go in and feed them. We toured the 5-hectare farm -- the house, the animal pens, the fields where different fruits and vegetables were planted. At the farm I had another "snack" of corn, cinnamon sticks, and diet Pepsi. We had lunch at around 2pm at the Punta Baluarte resort.

Cable Skiing
On the way to the resort we passed by a Cable Ski place. It was sooooo cool!! I want to try it! At first I just saw a lake and then people skiing. I pointed it out to my parents and cousin but I didn't notice what was pulling them. Apparently this was somewhat a "tourist" site. Our convoy stopped by the outer wall to watch about 6 men skiing. They were being pulled by cables around the lake.

Anyways, we at our lunch and then went back to the farm. We shot some hoops (I joined the boys) while the girls collected the fruit and produce that will be brough home. Malen and I said our goodbyes to the group of ostrich (actually we tried to scare them into attacking. We were curious :P) and then headed home ---- but not before stopping about an hour later in Tagaytay for a bite to eat. One word to describe this trip = FULL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter