Friday, December 31, 2004

Best Supporting Actor: Dennis Trillo

After Disney on Ice, Vince and I headed to the Gateway Mall. This mall is being pushed as one of the "high-end" malls, with stores/restos like Enzo Angiolini (one of my favorites), Fornarina's flagship store in Asia, Wolfgang Puck --- you get the picture. Anyways, we didn't plan on watching a movie but I saw that Aishte Imasu was showing at 9:15pm. I've wanted to watch this movie (even if I'm not a Juday fan) because for one, I think it's the most interesting film among the Film Fest's entries, and two, it was my dad's godson Marco's debut movie (wanted to see how he did). We ate first at Taco Bell since I've been craving for its burrito for like, forever.

The film was set during the Japanese occupation of the Philippines. I thought it was going to be similar to other movies made about that period that told the stories of guerillas fighting for freedom and the comfort/abused women. But one of the biggest surprises of the film was Dennis Trillo's character. He played a gay lover of a Japanese commander. A lot of people have been saying he's a shoo in for the best supporting actor award but I thought that maybe it was just because he dressed like a girl. I was wrong! I felt he even had more scenes and lines than Judy Anne who was the main character.

Anyways, Dennis has my vote. Hand-down he's going to win the award since he's the best among the nominees. I don't even know who the nominees are and I've just watched 1 film fest entry, but I don't care! I just know he's going to win :p

Update: 01-03-2005
Dennis won! Hahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter