Friday, December 31, 2004

Fieldtrip

We just came back from Tagaytay where my parents bought a lot yesterday. My brother and I were surprised because they were just supposed to have lunch at the Highlands but they came back as owners of a newly purchased lot :p Anyways, we left at 830am and arrived at the lot at around 1015. Traffic was still a bit bad, considering that people should have been at home preparing for Medya Noche (New Year's feast) or at their respective provinces since this is a long holiday (Dec 30-Jan 2).

The lot wasn't what I was really expecting. I thought that we had an unobstructed view of Taal Volcano but instead our lot was covered by a canopy of trees. To digress a bit, Taal Volcano is said to be the smallest smoking volcano in the world. It is also described as a crater within an island within a lake. Kind of confusing. Basically, Taal is within a lake and in its crater is another lake, or something to that effect.

The temperature in the area was a little cold, with gray clouds hovering. The lot was inside a compound and the compound had an area of about 50 hectares. Only 30 houses will be built so it is quite exclusive.

On the way home we passed by Ayala Westgrove in Laguna. We're building a house there which is going to be finished by April '05. I'm excited about my room. My brother and I will each have a loft on top of our rooms. My plan is to have my bedroom on the loft and then I'll have my "activity area" below. I'll have beanbags and a desk where I will put my future laptop. There will be bookshelves and maybe a low sofa and a TV. My cousin Malen is the interior designer. I told her I wanted my room to have that cabana or island feel. I'm sooo excited!


Lot in Tagaytay


View of Taal. It's that blur in the
middle of the picture. It's not
because it's the smallest in the world
that you can't see it, but because
the fog is kind of heavy



My room in Westgrove


My loft -- where the gray beams are



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter