Saturday, July 23, 2005

Blogging in the kitchen

I just finished my 2nd cooking lesson. The first thing that I learned was adobo...which I have forgotten already since I lost my notebook. My yaya taught me how to cook bopis for dinner tonight. Yum! I absolutely love bopis! What are the main ingredients of bopis: 1 baga and puso of a baboy (hahaha!) Anyways, while the bopis was simmering on the stove I typed the ingredients and instructions as I remembered them. I'm bad at composing the steps! I can't ever release a cookbook (step 11: add salt if kulang) :p

Anyways, I'm just waiting for the arrival of the hungry troops -- my mom and my dad. Vince is sleeping on the couch. Some help he is.

My next lesson is scheduled at 530am tomorrow. I'm going to make hot chocolate, turon, and tapa for breakfast.

My cooking fears:
1. frying a fish
2. frying an egg
3. frying in general

My yaya has remained slim (she has been cooking and taking care of us for more than 20 years) because she spoils her appetite after taste-testing everything that she cooks :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter