Thursday, January 17, 2008

2007 theme: Active lifestyle

I think I pretty much accomplished what I set out to do in 2007. I defined last year's theme to be active lifestyle meaning:

1. I promised myself I will travel locally and see as much of the Philippines as possible
2. Do anything but lounge around and be a mall rat

My 2007 travel log

Jan 4-7: Baguio City
Feb 2-4: Baguio City (again)
May 1-6: Batanes
Aug : Bolinao, Pangasinan
Sept: Zambales
Oct 6-7: Anilao to get certified in diving
Oct 11-14: Bohol
Nov 30-Dec 2: Puerto Galera
Dec 7-9: Baguio - La Union

More Anilao, Lemery, Clark, and Subic trips in-between for diving, surfing, and just some impromptu get-aways with friends. I pretty much covered a lot of Philippine ground.

My major accomplishments this year:

Diving: Most surprising
Learning how to dive was my most surprising achievement. Aside from not being a water baby and not knowing how to swim, this was NOT part of my overall life plan so I was just literaly dragged into joining the class...The true essence of 'kaladkarin'. From a reluctant student, now I'm a certified dive addict.

Surfing: Most unbelievable
I mentioned above that the water doesn't really agree with me and I with it. Now throw into that the need for coordination, balance, and agility, all of which I don't have, then you have a recipe for disaster. I never imagined I can be one of those Roxy babes...well I'm far from being one...but anyways, who would have thought I would even TRY this sport.

Touring Itbayat: Greatest achievement
Batanes is the vacation to beat. It's very hard to top in terms of sights and activities. Who would have thought that this couch potato would be able to keep up with runners, bikers, and locals? I'm proud to say I survived a 5-hr island crossing without hurling, climbing a steep, slippery, and muddy mountain wearing only Havaianas, going down and climbing back up slippery rocks to go spelunking, and finally biking for the first time in a public road. I'm really proudest of my Batanes trip. It's a testament that inactive people still have hope after all.

Getting my SPL (Student Pilot's License): Need I say more...

***
I'm starting my travel early this year...first stop was Cebu last week (Jan 10-13) and then on to Palawan tomorrow until Sunday. How's that for a self-professed couch potato!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter